Dr Mohammad Reza Nahaei:
Professor and head of Microbiology Department
Head of Bacteriology Laboratory of Drug Applied Research Center
Tel: 0098 411 3364661
Fax: 0098 411 3364661
E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Mohammad Reza Nahaei is professor of Microbiology and head of Microbiology department of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences. He is also head of Microbiology Laboratory of Imam Khomeiny Hospital of Tabriz. Dr Nahaei has got his BSc in Laboratory Medical Sciences from Tabriz university of Medical Sciences-Iran in 1975, and He received his MSc in Microbilogy in 1980 and his PhD in 1983 from the Medical School of University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne-England,UK. In 2002, Dr. Nahaei received Fellowship of Microbiology from the same University.
Dr Nahaei currently teaches
Dr Nahaei is Editorial manager and member of editrial board of Medical Journal of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (Since 1983), member of Microbiology Board of The Ministry of Health (Since 1994), Secretary of Laboratory Sciences Retraining Committee of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences (since 1998), member of Specialized Committee for Promotion in Health, Nutrition and Paramedical Scieces (since 1999), Head of Pathobiology Department of Tabriz Medical School (since 2001), and member of Postgraduate Educational Council of Tabriz Medical School (since 2001).
Current research programs:
1. Plasmid profile of Escherichia coli isolated from urinary tract infections of in-patients and out-patients in Imam Khomeini Medical Center of Tabriz.
2. Study of Enterohaemorragic Escherichia coli (EHEC) isolated from patients in Medical Centers of Tabriz.
3. Designing of a diagnostic kit for detection of antibiotics in milk.
4. Study of Helicobacter pylori with special reference to virulence factors using molecular techniques.
5. Study of antibiotic resistance patterns in clinical isolates from different infections.
1. Betalactamase enzyme in ampicillin-resistant enterobacteraceae and its relation to MIC (1985)
2. Prevalence of b-haemolytic group B streptococci in pregnant woman and their neonates (1994)
3. Study of streptococcus agalactiae septisemia and meningitis in neonates born in Tabriz (1993-1996)
4. Study of helicobacter pylori in biopsy specimens collected from antrum of patients with non-ulcer dyspepsia in Tabriz (1994-1996)
5. Sensitivity of helicobacter pylori to routine antibiotics and metronidazole (1997)
6. Physicochemical characteristics of Kandowan water in prevention of urinary calculus formation (1999)
7. Study of mobilized defence cells in urinary tract infections (cystitis and pyelonephritis): Flowcytometric study (2001)
8. Study of plasmid profile in Escherichia coli isolated from urinary tract infections in out- and in-patients (2003)
1. Mahdavi FM, Nahaei MR, Jalali A, Radmanesh A. Seotypes of salmonella strains and their sensitivities to the third generation cephalosporins. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 2003; 56: 69-75.
2. Pirzadeh T, Nahaei MR. Bacteria isolated from blood cultures in Imam Khomeini medical centre of Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 2003; 56: 40-45.
3. Gahramani P, Nahaei MR. Klebsiella sepsis in neonates admitted to Alzahra hospital of Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 2002; 52: 69-73.
4. Mortazavi M, Hamedbarghi GA, Nahaei MR, Abdoulzadeh V. Asymptomatic urinary tract infections in elderly institutionalized persons. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 2001; 49: 73-76.
5. Nahaei MR, Vejdani MH, Gorabchi H, Razavi M. Factors predisposing asymptomatic bacteriuria in 100 pregnant women of Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1999; 44: 63-68.
6. Naghili B, Nahaei MR, Zolfaghari A, Mahdavi F, Kiafard Z. Antibacterial activity of ciprofluxacin, ofloxacin, trimethoprim-sulfametaxazole, nalidixic acid and nitrofurantoin in urine of healthy individuals. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1999; 44: 51-62.
7. Nahaei MR, Mahdavi F, Zolfaghari A, Imani M. Post-cystocopy bactremia in Imam Khomeini medical center of Tabriz. Res J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1999; 2: 50-58.
8. Nahaei MR, Mobaien H, Naghili B. Study of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in burn unit patients and equipment and their antibiotic sensitiviy and pyocin types. Res J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1999; 9-19.
9. Vejdani MH, Nahaei MR, Gorabchi H, Razavi M. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnant women and antibiotic-sensitivity of isolated bacteria in Tabriz (1995-96). Med J Kerman Univ Med Sc. 1998; 4: 165-170.
10. Akhi MT, Nahaei MR. Aerobic bacteria isolated from wounds and soft tissue infections in 7th Tir medical center of Tabriz (1994-95). Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1998; 39 & 40: 1-7.
11. Vejdani H, Nahaei MR, Zolfaghari A. Bacteria isolated from patients with prostatitis and their antibiotic-resistance profiles. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1998; 38: 100-104.
12. Fatahi E, Mahdavi F, Nahaei MR. Effects of various drugs on non-ulcer dyspepsia in endoscopy ward of Imam Khomeini medical center of Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1998; 38: 73-81.
13. Mahdavi F, Nahaei MR, Pourzand A, Fatolahzadeh J. Post-surgical infections in patients, of Imam Khomeini and Sina hospitals of Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1995; 35: 105-114.
14. Fatahi E. Mahdavi M, Nahaei MR, Bafandeh Y, Talghini Sh. Helicobacter pylori in patients with non-ulces dyspepsia in Imam Khomeini medical center in 1995. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1997; 34: 63-69.
15. Mahdavi F, Nahaei MR, Fatahi E. Bacteriologic study of Helicobacter pylori in non-ulcer dyspepsia patients in Tabriz (1994-96). Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1997; 33: 135-143.
16. Jalali A, Nahaei MR, Dadghar M, Ebrahimpour S, Karbassizadeh M. Chlamydia trachomatis in non-gonococcal urethritis of men in Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1997; 33: 32-41.
17. Nahaei MR, Hassanzadeh M. Genital infections in women with special reference to mycoplama in Tabriz. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1996; 32: 91-103.
18. Nahaei MR, Pourzand A, Irani N. Intraabdominal infections with special reference to anaerobes and effect of third-generation cephalosporins and metronidazole on isolated strains. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1996; 28: 115-134.
19. Shenasi A, Nahaei MR, Shafizadeh H. Study of eye drops for sterility before and during use. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1995; 29: 73-91.
20. Nahaei MR. Role of plasmid change and chromosomal mutation in classification and identification of staphylococci. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1995; 27: 99-117.
21. Jalali A, Maboudi M, Nahaei MR, Dadghar M. Cytochemistry, gram staining and latex agglutination tests in prediction of infectious meningitis in children and adult of Tabriz (1991-92). Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1995; 25: 40-47.
22. Jalali A, Nahaei MR, Maboudi M, Ebrahimpour S, Bilan N. Prevalent bacteria causing meningitis in children and adults of Tabriz (1991-92). Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1997; 24: 43-55.
23. Ebrahimpour S, Maboudi M, Jalali A, Nahaei MR, Bilan N. Lactate of cerebrospinal fluide in diagnosis of bacterial meningitis from viral meningitis, Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1994; 23: 3-14.
24. Rahmati BA, Nahaei MR. A report of the first case of Gastrosprillum hominis from lran. Iranian J Medical Sc. 1992; 17, (1 & 2): 84-86.
25. Rahmati BA, Nahaei MR, Fatahi E. Prevalence of Helicobacter (Campylobacter) pylori in patients with peptic disease. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1991; 13 & 14: 55-64.
26. Nahaei MR. Distribution of tetracycline plasmids in the genus Staphylococcus. Scietific Medical Journal of Ahwaz University of Medical Sciences. Monograph 1989; 5: 1-24.
27. Nahaei MR, Jalali A, Nikvash S. Two rapid methods in detection of betalactamase enzyme in ampicillin-resistant enterobacteriaceae and Their relation with MIC. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sc. 1988; 5: 56-73.
28. Michael Goodfellow, Colin R Harwood, Mohammad R Nahaie. Impact of plasmids and genetic change on the classification of staphylococci. Zenteralblatt fur Bakteriologie. 1987; A266: 60-85.
29. CER Dodd, MR Nahaie, M Goodfellow, CR Harwood. Distribution of tetracycline plasmids amongst representatives of the genus staphylococcus. Zbl Bakt Suppl 14, J Jeljaszewicz (Ed), The Staphylococci. Gustav Fischer Verlag, Stuttgart, New York, 1985; 481-482.
30. MR Nahaie, M Goodfellow, CR Harwood. The influence of plasmids and genetic change on the classification of staphylococci. J Jeljaszewics (Ed), The Staphylococci. Zbl Bakt Suppl 14. Gustav Fischer Verlag. Stuttgart. New York. 1985; 135-136.
31. AGO’Donnel, MR Nahaie, M Goodfellow, DE Minnikin, V Hajek. Numerical analysis of fatty acid profiles in the identification of staphylococci. Journal of General Microbiology. 1985; 131: 2023-2033.
32. MR Nahaie, M Goodfellow, DE Minnikin, V Hajek. Polar lipids and isoprenoid quinon composition in the classification of staphylococci. Journal of General Microbiology. 1984; 130: 2427-2437.
33. Mohammad R Nahaie, Michael Goodfellow, Colin R Harwood. A rapid screening procedure for staphylococcal plasmids. Journal of Microbiological Methods. 1984; 2: 73-81.
34. M Goodfellow, G Alderson, MR Nahaie, O Peters, F Schumacher-Perdreau, G Pulverer, PB Heczke, M Mordarski. Numerical taxonomy of staphylococci. Zbl Bakt Hyg 1983; A256: 7-24.
1. Medical Microbiology Laboratory Procedures. Edited by Treagan & Pulliam (1982). Translated into Persian (1987).
2. The Biologic and Clinical Basis of Infectious Diseases: Antimicrobial Therapy. Edited by Sommers, Paterson & Youmans (1986). Translated into Persian (1988).
3. Specimen Collection and Transport for Microbiological Investigation. Edited by Kraaesten Engbaek, Mohammed M. El Nageh & Jan Groen (World Health Organization) (1995). Translated into Persian (2002).
4. Research in Medicine: Planning a project-writing a thesis. Edited by George Murrell, Christopher Huang, Harold Ellis. 2nd ed (1999). Translated into Persian(2003).
1. Study of leucocytes in urinary tract infections with vital staining and flowcytometry. The 11th Iranian Congress of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine. Tehran University of Medical Sciences , Tehran-Iran (March-2003).
2. Postoperative bacterial wound infections in patients operated in Surgery wards of Tabriz hospitals. The 11th Iranian Congresss of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine. Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran-Iran (March-2003).
3. Serologic types of salmonella isolated from clinical specimens and their sensitivities to routine antibiotics and the third generation cephalosporins. The 10th Iranian Congress of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine. Iran Medical Sciences University. Tehran-Iran (January-2002).
4. Sensitivity of Staphylococcus epidermidis to chlorhexidine. The 4th Iranian Congress of Microbiology. Shahed University, Tehran-Iran (November-2001).
5. Antibiotic-resistance of bacteria isolated from blood cultures in Imam Khomeini hospital of Tabriz during 1995-1998. The 4th Iranian Congress of Microbiology. Shahed University, Tehran-Iran (November-2001).
6. Urinary tract infections in 2-9 years old girls and their secretor and non-secretor status. The third Microbiology Congress of Iran. Hamadan University of Medical Sciences. Hamadan-Iran (August-2000).
7. Bacteriologic Study of 8775 blood cultures obtained from 3945 patients in Iman Khomeini hospital of Tabriz. The third Microbiology Congress of Iran. Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan-Iran (August-2000).
8. Mannose sensitive and resistant fimberiae and haemolysin production in E coli isolated from urinary tract infections. The third Microbiology Congress of Iran. Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan-Iran (August-2000).
9. Bacteriologic study of H pylori in 194 biopsy specimens obtained from peplic ulcer patients and sensitivity of isolated strains against metronidazole. The third Microbiology Congress of Iran. Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan-Iran (August-2000).
10. Effect of Kandowan mineral water in prevertion and treatment of urinary calculus. 6th Iranian Congress of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation. Iranian Nephrology Society, Tehran-Iran.